Jun Kurihara (栗原 淳)
Project maintained by junkurihara
Hosted on GitHub Pages — Theme by mattgraham
Who am I?
I am currently a Principal Researcher (Software Engineer) at Zettant Inc., Japan since Jan. 2018. I am also an Associate Professor at Graduate School of Information Science, University of Hyogo, Japan since Jan. 2020, and a Visiting Scholar at ATR Inc., Japan since May. 2020. Currently I am also a visiting researcher at CyLab, Carnegie Mellon University, PA, USA from March 2022. I have been working for KDDI Corp. and KDDI R&D Labs., Inc. (Now KDDI Research, Inc.), Japan from Apr. 2006 to Dec. 2017 as a strategic planner and a researcher for security, applied mathematics and networking architecture. I had been with Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), CA, USA as a visiting researcher. I received BE, ME, and PhD in Engineering all from Tokyo Institute of Technology in 2004, 2006 and 2012, respectively.
My detailed CV is given here (pdf).
My current development projects and research interests are in:
- Information security and privacy mechanisms using coding theoretic techniques, e.g., secret sharing, private information retrieval, etc.
- New computing and networking architecture and so-called ‘security-by-design’. Currently, I am interested in edge computing architecture, its security and privacy, e.g., new theoretical (and mathematical) framework of secure in-networking communication and computation, privacy-preserving computation at untrusted third-party edge environment.
- Information-centric networking (Named-data networking; NDN) and its brand-new security mechanisms, e.g., security in edge named function environment.
- Privacy and security in Domain Name Systems (DNS) on the Internet.
(Open Source) Software Projects
Coding theory and its application to security techniques
- J. Kurihara, T. Nakamura and R. Watanabe, ‘‘Private Information Retrieval from Coded Storage in the Presence of Omniscient and Limited-Knowledge Byzantine Adversaries,’’ IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, vol. E104-A, no. 9, pp. 1271–1283, Sep. 2021. [Online] Available here (pdf) (Copyright IEICE).
- J. Kurihara, R. Matsumoto and T. Uyematsu, ‘‘Relative Generalized Rank Weight of Linear Codes and Its Applications to Network Coding,’’ IEEE Trans. Information Theory, vol. 61, no 7, pp. 3912–3936, Jul. 2015. [Online] Available at Arxiv. [Slides at SITA2014 (in Japanese)]
- J. Kurihara, T. Uyematsu and R. Matsumoto, ‘‘Secret Sharing Schemes Based on Linear Codes Can Be Precisely Characterized by the Relative Generalized Hamming Weight,’’ IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, vol. E95-A, no. 11, pp. 2067–2075, Nov. 2012. [Online] Avaliable here (pdf) (Copyright IEICE). [Review paper (in Japanese)]. [Slides at IEICE-IT-201503 (in Japanese)]
- J. Kurihara, S. Kiyomoto, K. Fukushima and T. Tanaka, ‘‘On a Fast (k,n)-threshold Secret Sharing Scheme,’’ IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, vol. E91-A, no. 9, pp. 2365–2378, Sep. 2008. [Online] Available here (pdf) (Copyright IEICE).
New networking and computing architecture and its security
- R. Watanabe, A. Kubota and J. Kurihara, ‘‘Resource Authorization Methods for Edge Computing,’’ to Appear in the 36-th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA 2022).
- K. Ueda, K. Yokota, J. Kurihara and A. Tagami, ‘‘Two-level Named Packet Forwarding for Enhancing the Performance of Virtualized ICN Router,’’ IEICE Trans. Communications, vol. E102-B, no. 9, pp. 1813–1821, Sep. 2019.
- J. Kurihara, K. Yokota and A. Tagami, ‘‘List Interest: Simply Packing Interests Dramatically Reduces Router Workload in Content-Centric Networking,’’ IEICE Trans. Communications, vol. E99-B, no. 12, pp. 2520–2531, Dec. 2016. [Online] Available here (pdf) (Copyright IEICE).
- J. Kurihara, K. Yokota and A. Tagami, ‘‘A Consumer-driven Access Control Approach to Censorship Circumvention in Content-Centric Networking,’’ in Proc. ACM ICN 2016, Sep. 2016, pp. 186–194. [Online] Available at sigcomm.org (pdf).
- J. Kurihara, E. Uzun and C. A. Wood, ‘‘An Encryption-based Access Control Framework for Content-Centric Networking,’’ in Proc. IFIP Networking 2015, May 2015, pp. 1–9. [Online] Available at ifip.org (pdf).
- Security Engineering / セキュリティエンジニアリング特論 (Fall 2021,U-Hyogo)
- Network Security / ネットワークセキュリティ特論 (Spring 2021, U-Hyogo)
- Information Security / 情報セキュリティ科学概論 (Spring 2021,U-Hyogo)
- Security Engineering / セキュリティエンジニアリング特論 (Fall 2020,U-Hyogo)
- Information Security / 情報セキュリティ論 (Spring 2020, U-Hyogo)
- FIDO2 –Modern Authentication– (Zettant)
- KDDI Foundation Grant 2022-2024PI
- JSPS KAKENHI Grant-in-Aid for:
- Scientific Research C 2022–2024PI
- Scientific Research B 2021–2023Co (PI: Prof. Koizumi @Osaka Univ.)
- Start-up 2020–2021PI
- University of Hyogo special grant for young researchers
Please send me a message through my LinkedIn page, or email found in my recent papers,